Machine Operator at United Mail
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Hours: Monday – Friday, 4:00pm - 12:00am
Operates inserter or folder machine equipment on the production floor, during the assigned time frames, to the established quality standards. Primary responsibilities include equipment operation, mail sortation and traying, completion of production paperwork and maintenance of a clean work area.
- Perform proper machine start-up and shut down procedures.
- Complete jobs scheduled for the assigned equipment according to the work orders and sample board, within the established time frames for each job.
- Insure that equipment has adequate supplies to complete full production.
- Operate assigned equipment according to the work orders and sample boards, within the established quality standards and at the rated speeds for each job with minimal supervision.
- Reads, reviews and interprets instructions on sample board using key information for set ups and operations, including trouble shooting and correction as necessary.
- Checks and verifies job components against sample board to codes and other key information and indicators.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and work area at all times.
- Maintain, complete, and verify paperwork for each production run documenting: production run time, spoilage, down time, maintenance sheets, postal information, meter readings, and other production logs as directed by supervisor.
- Checks accuracy of paperwork pertaining to job, including counts, tray tags, box labels, samples and seeds.
- Sort, tray, strap and prepare finished mail pieces in compliance with U.S. Postal regulations.
- Adhere to policies and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality, security, safety and professional conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in direct mail lettershop production preferred.
- Ability to properly use Lettershop equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions.
- Stand, bend, and stoop for periods up to 10 hours per day. Lift up to 40 pounds occasionally, and grasp bundles of material up to 4 inches thick repeatedly.
How to Apply
Apply for a job with United Mail today.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org